Big Brother GPS, Android GPS position reporting app.
This is a simple app that runs in the background of your android and reports your position to whatever website you have configured.
The program wakes up every few minutes, reads your position from the GPS or the cellular networks and sends it using HTTP POST to a URL you have specified.
Your position is sent using the parameters "latitude=...", "longitude=..." and the accuracy of the reading in meters is sent in the parameter "accuracy=...".
If you have set the secret parameter in the application preferenses the secret specified will be sent in the "secret=..." POST parameter.
You can configure the app to send battery status in the post request. Status is sent as "battlevel=..." the number sent is the battery level in percent. The charging state is sent as "charging=1" if the battery is charging, and as "charging=0" if it is not.
There are some simple PHP files provided to demonstrate how to collect the information, and display it on a google map.
ChangelogThe app has a changelog in "menu->changelog".
Downloads, web site code, etc
- BigBrotherGPSweb by Lars Falk-Petersen
- Website example scripts in PHP
- Improved website scripts These scripts were provided by Jay Summet. Check out Jays blog and thank him if you like the scripts.
- Test/demo scripts kindly provided by Tom Verhoeff.
Sites using BBG
- git clone https://repo.bklabs.org/p/android/bigbrothergps
- Latest snapshot
This code is licensed under GPL Ver 2